- 20 Sep 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 20 Sep 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
ReportWORQ has the option to deliver files, images and commentary to a Microsoft Teams recipient using the ReportWORQ Teams Bot. A prerequisite to using Teams distribution is to install the ReportWORQ Bot onto your organization's Teams Instance. After installation, users should see the following message in Teams from the ReportWORQ Bot. Please note that it may take 24 hours for users to see the welcome message. Logging out and logging back in should also force the installation of the ReportWORQ bot.
The Tenant Id which appears in the welcome message will need to be entered into the ReportWORQ Client's Distribution Setup Screen,
If Teams distribution is a requirement for your organization, the following steps will need to be completed on your Teams instance prior to setting up and using Teams in ReportWORQ Client.
A Teams administrator within your organization will need to perform the following steps to make the ReportWORQ Bot available.
1. Open the Apps section of Teams above the Help button.
2. Click the 'Submit to app catalog' link at the bottom left of the Apps screen.
3. Download the bot's manifest.zip file from the link below.
4. Click the 'Submit an app' button at the top right of the screen.
5. A file dialog will open. Locate the Bot's manifest.zip file that was previously downloaded and click 'Ok'
6. Open the Microsoft Teams admin center at https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/
7. Under the Teams apps section, click on 'Manage apps'.
8. Search for ReportWORQ in the list of Apps
9. Click on the ReportWORQ App Name to open the details.
10. On the publishing status drop down, select 'Publish'.
Automatic Bot Setup Policy for Users
To automatically make the ReportWORQ bot available to all or a group of users, the Setup Policy for the Bot needs to be configured. Please follow the instructions below for Setup Policy configuration.
1. Open the Microsoft Teams admin center at https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/
2. Under the Teams apps section, click on 'Setup policies'.
3. Either add a new policy group, or use an existing one. To automatically install the ReportWORQ Bot for all users in your organization, use the 'Global (Org-wide default)' policy. Please note that if you're creating a new setup policy, you will need to add users by clicking 'Manage users' in order to assign users to the setup policy.
4. Open the appropriate Setup policy and click the 'Add apps' button in the 'Installed apps' section.
5. Search for and click 'Add' on the ReportWORQ app.
6. Click 'Add' again at the bottom of the sidebar.
7. The Setup Policy can now be saved and will take effect the next time any users assigned to this application authenticate to Teams.
8. Assigned users should see the following message from the ReportWORQ Bot appear if installation is successful. Please note that it may take 24 hours for users to see the welcome message. Logging out and Logging back in to Teams should also force the installation of the ReportWORQ bot.
9. The Tenant Id which appears in the welcome message will need to be entered into the ReportWORQ Client's Distribution Setup Screen,
Teams Bot Architecture and Workflow
ReportWORQ's Teams Bot Service is hosted in Microsoft Azure and is a combination of an Azure Chat Bot Service paired with Azure Blob Storage. Blob storage is used to hold any ReportWORQ reports until the user has accepted or rejected them through Teams. All report's are securely stored using a combination of the Office365 Tenant ID and the report recipient's email address. This storage is only accessible from the Azure Bot Service.
After a Report has been distributed, the following process is followed for user interaction.